Call for papers
Call for Papers for a special issue on the organ trade in crime law and social change
The ELPAT WG on Organ Trade and Trafficking has initiated a Call for a Special Issue on "the Illicit Trade in Human Organs: New Directions and Critical Perspectives from Interdisciplinary Research", to be published in the Journal "Crime Law and Social Change".
For this special issue, we welcome a broad range of interdisciplinary and methodologically innovative contributions that address neglected facets of the organ trade. Submissions can include a variety of topics, such as, but not limited to:
- actors and activities of organ trade networks;
- corporate and/or organized crime aspects;
- transplant tourism; global health care inequalities;
- law enforcement; criminal justice perspectives;
- regulated organ markets; rewarded gifting; cultural aspects;
- migration, people smuggling and organ sales;
- online dimensions of organ trade; cybercrime aspects; virtual ethnography
Guest editors: Drs. Sean Columb and Frederike Ambagtsheer
Contributions presenting empirical data (through qualitative or quantitative research) are particularly encouraged. The deadline is January 31st 2024. All papers will undergo a double-blind peer review process, according to the common review procedures of Crime Law and Social Change. More information can be found here.